This guide explains how to integrate a Shopify store with Carriyo.
To start the setup, login to Carriyo https://dashboard.carriyo.com and go to Integrations>Shopify Connector through the navigation menu. All of the fields marked with asterisk (*) need to be filled for the integration to be completed.
Setting up Shopify integration requires creating two webhooks in the Shopify administrative settings. The Carriyo Shopify Integration Setup page also includes some information that you will need to create the webhooks.
Please read the next sections to complete the setup.
Creating your Shopify Webhooks
- Visit your Shopify store's admin panel.
- Find Settings > Notifications page, and scroll down to Webhooks section.
- Click the 'Create Webhook' button
- Use the webhook details from the Carriyo dashboard to create the webhooks. Begin with "Order creation" webhook setting. See screenshot example:
- Save the webhook and repeat the process to create the second webhook with the name "Order update".
Setup the Shopify webhook shared secret
Back in Carriyo dashboard, the next setting to setup is "Shopify webhook shared secret" that will be used to authenticate Carriyo messages to your Shopify we store.
This secret can be found on the same Shopify webhook settings page. There is a message reading "All your webhooks will be signed with ..." followed by a large password. Paste that into Carriyo dashboard in the "Shopify webhook shared secret" field.
Shopify API Key & Password
Carriyo requires Shopify API Key and Password to access your Shopify web shop. To get this information you need to create a Shopify private app.
- Go to Shopify admin panel, Apps page. At the bottom of the page is a link to private apps
- Click on Enable Private app option, accept Shopify terms and then click on Create Private App button
- Enter App name as "Carriyo Integration", add a developer email as "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- On Permissions, setup the following options:
- Order - Read & Write Access - Write access is required for Carriyo to update order statuses and tracking links on Shopify.
- Locations - Read Access - Location read access is required to map Shopify Locations to Carriyo Locations
- For "Webhook API version" use "2020-07".
- For All other settings keep them in their default state
- Click 'Save'
- You will now see two generated values for API Key and Password, which you need to paste into Carriyo dashboard page in Shopify API Key and Shopify API Password fields respectively.
Other Setup page settings
In this section we describe the setup of other mandatory settings in the Carriyo Dashboard:
Delivery Type - If you don't see any selectable option here, you need to first create a delivery type by navigating to Settings > Custom Attributes in Carriyo Dashboard.
Shopify Domain Name, is not your website domain name, rather it is the domain name of the admin panel that reads like "xyz.myshopify.com"
Important Note: Domain name should not include "https://" prefix or "/" suffix. In the example given below it is carriyo-dev.myshopify.com
Locations & Delivery Types
Once you finish setting all the mandatory settings on the Setup tab, two new tab called Locations and Delivery Types will become available.
In Locations tab, each Shopify Location must be uniquely mapped to a Carriyo Location.
In Delivery Types tab, each Shopify Shipping Zone in use must be mapped to a Carriyo Delivery Type.
Current Integration limitations
Currently, Carriyo only supports a single location in a Shopify order. ie. items from multiple locations in a single order are not supported. A single Shopify order will have exactly one and only one associated shipment.
Partial fulfillment of an order is also not supported.